Download Link For USCAP Head and Neck Pathology: Top to Bottom Training to Avoid the Ups and Downs 2022
File Size = 17.30 GB
Course Contents (Overview, Topics/Speakers)
Head and neck pathology represents a significant portion of surgical pathology practice. Studies have shown this area to be particularly treacherous to community pathologists with up to 53% of diagnoses changed (including 7% with major changes) upon second review at tertiary care hospitals (Kronz and Westra, Curr Opin Otolaryngol Head Neck Surgery 2005; 13:81-4). In recent years there have been numerous developments in head and neck pathology, further complicating this inherent difficulty. Novel entities have been described, pathognomonic molecular alterations have been uncovered, and major shifts in diagnostic classification schemes have been proposed. Many of these concepts were incorporated into the newest editions of the WHO Classifications for Head and Neck and Endocrine Tumors, both of which were published recently.
Taken together, it is difficult for pathologists to stay current and maintain proficiency in head and neck pathology without supplemental training and education. This course is a terrific opportunity to refine your diagnostic skills with energetic pathologists whose keen eyes, diagnostic acumen, and a modern approach will create an indelible impression.
This course is designed for general pathologists, practicing surgical pathologists, senior residents and pathologists with special interest in head and neck pathology.
Upon completion of this educational activity, learners will be able to:
– Recognize the updated WHO terminology of salivary gland carcinoma
– Develop a diagnostic approach to the encapsulated follicular-patterned thyroid nodule
– Describe the algorithmic approach to HPV testing in a head and neck cancer
– Develop a diagnostic approach to the “small round blue cell” sinonasal tumor
– Recognize the appropriate differential diagnosis for sinonasal glandular proliferations
– Salivary Gland Pathology – Justin Bishop, MD
– Sinonasal Pathology and Oropharyngeal Pathology – James S. Lewis, Jr., MD
– Odds and Ends of Head and Neck Pathology – Lester D.R. Thompson, MD
– Endocrine/Neuroendocrine and Mimics and Soft Tissue Neoplasms of the Head and Neck – Lisa M. Rooper, MD
Original release date: February 8, 2022
Access to this course expires on: December 11, 2024
you will receive download link of the course, the link will NOT expire and can be used anytime