We are pleased to announce the availability of the 2021 virtual PES Board Review Course materials!
The PES 2021 Board Review Course was held over 6 weeks beginning in May through June. The content was delivered as recorded lectures released on a weekly basis (3-4 hours of content each week), followed by a live question and answer sessions addressing the previous weeks content.
This unique event is the only course offered by the Pediatric Endocrine Society to provide targeted preparation for the Pediatric Endocrinology Boards and the Pediatric Endocrinology Recertification Exam. It is also an intensive review of Pediatric Endocrinology for Pediatricians and Adult Endocrinologists. The course utilizes formal didactic sessions, as well as informal question/answer opportunities. Topics include all areas from the ABP Pediatric Endocrine Content Guidelines, including statistics, methods, genetics-all geared specifically to the Boards. Participants also receive additional study materials addressing ABP pediatric endocrine content specifications, providing valuable study aids.
Objectives of the Program
- Provide a framework for ongoing independent learning for individuals preparing for certification and recertification in Pediatric Endocrinology.
- Review pediatric endocrinology ABP content specifications using a structured didactic and interactive educational experience in Pediatric Endocrinology for interested physicians, including pediatric endocrinologists who will not immediately be preparing for a recertification exam, adult endocrinologists and general pediatricians who wish an intensive update in pediatric endocrinology.
The 2021 Board Review Course online study prep course covers the topics included in the new ABP Pediatric Endocrine Content Outline and is now available for purchase if you were not able to participate virtually.
- Methods and Biological Principles
- Fun with Statistics
- Growth and Growth Disorders
- Adrenal Disorders
- Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- CHO Metabolism
- Insulin Resistance and Type 2 Diabetes
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Calcium/Phosphate/Vitamin D/Bone: A String of Pearls
- Thyroid Physiology and Congenital Hypothyroidism
- Thyroid Disease
- Polyglandular Autoimmune Disease and Thyroid Gland Neoplasms
- Hereditary Endocrine Tumor Syndromes and some “other hormones”
- The Other “other hormones”