2019 Expert Series with Jason L. Hornick, M.D., Ph.D.: Soft Tissue Pathology: A One-On-One Tutorial
Format: 18 Video Files + 1 PDF File
YOU WILL GET THE COURSE VIA LIFETIME DOWNLOAD LINK (FAST SPEED) AFTER PAYMENT
About This CME Teaching Activity
This seminar is designed to provide a practical yet comprehensive review of soft tissue tumor pathology. A pattern-based approach to diagnosis, including an emphasis on differential diagnosis, as well as the use of ancillary diagnostic methods (especially immunohistochemistry) will be discussed.
At the completion of this CME teaching activity, you should be able to:
- Apply a pattern-based approach to the differential diagnosis of soft tissue tumors.
- Describe the evolution of diagnostic immunohistochemistry for soft tissue tumors.
- Utilize immunohistochemistry for accurate diagnosis of soft tissue tumors.
- Order appropriate molecular tests for accurate diagnosis of soft tissue sarcomas.
- Recognize histologic and genetic subtypes of gastrointestinal stromal tumors.
- Discuss the differential diagnosis of mesenchymal tumors of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Recognize recently described mesenchymal tumors of the head and neck.
- Discuss the differential diagnosis of cutaneous spindle cell tumors.
Topics And Speakers:
Introduction to Soft Tissue Tumor Pathology: Classification, Grading, Immunohistochemistry, and Molecular Genetics
The Evolution of Immunohistochemistry for Soft Tissue Tumors: From Differentiation to Molecular Genetics
The Most Common Spindle Cell Tumors of Deep Soft Tissue: Differential Diagnosis and Best Markers
Subclassification of Pleomorphic Sarcomas: How and Why Should We Care?
An Approach to Epithelioid Soft Tissue Tumors: It's Getting Easier
Myxoid Tumors of Soft Tissue: Don't Let the Matrix Get in the Way
An Approach to Round Cell Sarcomas: From Ewing to CIC-DUX4
Intermediate Vascular Tumors: A Pattern-Based Approach
Benign Nerve Sheath Tumors: Beyond Neurofibroma and Schwannoma
Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors: From KIT to Succinate Dehydrogenase
Mesenchymal Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract (Other than GIST)
Differential Diagnosis of Cutaneous Spindle Cell Tumors: Location, Location, Location
Soft Tissue Tumors of the Head and Neck: Virtual Slide Seminar
Superficial Soft Tissue Tumors: What's New?
Histiocytic and Dendritic Cell Tumors: An Update
Metastatic Carcinoma of Unknown Prumary: Diagnostic Approach Using Immunohistochemistry
Gastrointestinal Lymphomas: A Review of the Surgical Pathologist
Colorectal Polyps: A Practical Approach
Hereditary colon Cancer Predisposition Syndromes: What Do We Need To Know?